All our Electric bikes are approved by LTA and have a LTA seal affixed to them.
LTA Rules and Regulations for Electric Bicycles in Singapore
Riders of motorised bicycles must comply with the following requirements:
- The construction of a motorised bicycle must be similar to that of a conventional pedal bicycle.
- It must be powered by an electric source i.e. not petrol driven.
- Its motor’s maximum power output must not exceed 200 watts.
- The electric motor can only cut in when the rider starts to pedal and the electric motor must cut off when the bicycle reaches a speed of 25km/hr or when the rider stops pedalling. This speed is comparable to the average speed of a moderately fit adult pedalling a conventional bicycle on level ground.
- The rider of the motorised bicycle must be at least 16 years old.
- The rider must wear a suitable protective bicycle helmet securely.
- Riders using a non-compliant motorised bicycle on public roads, without the LTA seal affixed or do not comply with the rider requirements, are liable to a fine of up to $1000 or a jail term of up to three months for the first offence. For subsequent offences, an errant rider is liable to a fine of up to $2000 or a jail term of up to six months.
*Extracted from www.lta.gov.sg